martes, 23 de junio de 2015

The Babadook: What the hell did you do to me?

I never cried watching a movie before, in fact most movies cant even make feel emotional, but with "The Babadook" something weird happened. I watched it on June 23, 2015 when I was already on summer vacation and I was having a very nice Monday. When the night arrives I decided to watch this movie that it had been in my Netflix list since the day it was released in this network. So haven't watched 20 minutes yet and I start getting very depressed, I cant help it, tears start dropping out of my eyes. I felt deeply sad at the moment but I held my shit together for a while. I kept watching and the same fucking thing happened again, so I went to the bathroom cause I didn't want my parents to walk in and see me like that (i was alone in my room). Once i´m there I just can't help myself and I start crying like a baby, I really didn't understand what was happening to me. I stayed there for about 10 minutes and then I came out and finished the movie. I've seen movies like "Schindler's List" or "The Elephant Man" without blinking and now a fucking Australian monster makes me a tear up like a little bitch? It's important to say that i'm an almost 15 years old and i'm in the middle of the puberty so my hormones are all crazy and it really felt like period, but i dont think that´s enough explanation. I think the movie triggered something inside me, feelings that i didn't even know were there. Overall, "The Babadook" is a fantastic horror movie that is very well directed, acted, edited and that was genuinely scary. After all, The Babadook itself it's a metaphor for depression.

This review was meant for IMDB but they didn´t like my language.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario